MHA MacIntyre Hudson
Working closely with manufacturing companies
MHA MacIntyre Hudson are a Made in the Midlands Patron Member
We have a dedicated team of manufacturing and engineering specialists with industry experience in a variety of sectors.
We undertake an Annual Manufacturing Survey and take part in the National Manufacturing round table. Sponsors of the National Manufacturing Debate Cranfield University.
Research and Development: recently, we have completed a number of claims for clients with regard to research and development.
Here are a couple of examples: for a small company, turning over £4m, we successfully achieved a claim that resulted in £183k in cash coming back into the business. For a large company, a £19m turnover business, we achieved a cash credit for £379k. This kind of cash injection can transform a business and allow them to re invest. It is a significant boost to cash flow and, if correctly identified and processed, be a generous but also under used relief.
Top 20 UK accountancy and advisory firm
• 14 offices, 78 partners, 500+ staff national
• Founding member of MHA, association of UK accountants
• Member of Baker Tilly International, global association
Compliance and advisory services include:
• Compliance: audit compliance, accounting and financial reporting
• Value-added audits
• Tax compliance
• International taxation and cross-border issues
• Business planning
• Maximising the efficiency of your supply chain: reducing costs and improving margins
• M&A: We advise on many transactions, including a number of cleantech investments
• Risk management: We advise on both governance issues in order to best attract investment and on minimising fraud and corruption risk
• Cash flow management and planning
• Funding and finance
• Debt restructuring
• Capital allowance reviews
• Profit extraction
• Employment tax issues and status of workers
• Corporate finance
• Strategic planning
• PAYE healthchecks to ensure your PAYE/benefits and expenses procedures would stand up to an HMRC investigation
• Payroll services
Annual Manufacturing Survey
• Attracted commentary from VinceCable & MarkPrisk (BIS, formerly DTI)
• The only Manufacturing survey to focus on SMEs
• Running for 3 years
• Input and analysis from IMechE, WMG and Cranfield School of Business Management
National Manufacturing roundtable
• Report used as White Paper to submitt government HM Revenue & Customs
National manufacturing seminars on R&D and Patent Box
• Joint seminars on Patent Box regime and R&D TaxCredits with HMRC
Cranfield University – Manufacturing & Materials Dept
• Sponsors of National Manufacturing Debate
• On the board of Local Enterprise Partnership Roundtable November 2012 & October 2014
MHA MacIntyre Hudson is pleased to share our 2015 Manufacturing and Engineering Survey report. Now in its fourth year and with over 400 respondents, the survey provides in-depth insight into the sector.
The survey has been conducted in conjunction with MHA and Lloyds Bank Commercial Banking. Wider sector analysis is provided by industry experts from The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) and the Warwick Manufacturing Group.